How to install the Oculus Software
This is the same for Oculus/Meta Quest 1, Quest 2, the Rift-S, and the Rift
- Navigate to https://oculus.com/setup and download the Oculus software.
- Run the downloaded setup installer.
- Select your preferred language and accept terms and conditions
- Press install now to start the download & installation process
- When it is done, create a new account or log in with your existing one.
Add your Quest as a device
- Turn on your Oculus Quest
- Connect the Quest to your computer with an USB cable (USB 3.0 is preferred)
- Navigate to devices and select “Add Headset” at the bottom.
- Select your version of the headset.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
With this your VR headset should be ready to use!
Ps! If you have used more than one XR headset on one computer you may need to set Oculus as your default open XR runtime. A guide on how to do it can be found here.