Setting the correct visibility
How to use the sectioning tool in Navisworks to only export a part of your project to Vrex.
- Navigate to ‘Viewpoint’ and select ‘Enable Sectioning’
- Select Plane or Box mode
- Scale and move the Box or slicing plane until you have the segment that you want
- Navigate back to Home and choose the ‘Select by Box’ tool
- Hold Shift and click and drag to select everything inside the box
Obs! Holding Shift makes it include all objects partially sectioned off.
- Right-click and choose hide unselected.
Vrex export based on visibility
- Navigate to the Vrex ad-in and select “Synchronize”.
- Find and select your wanted project
- Make sure deselect “Include hidden objects”
- Select the files you want to include and start “Synchronize”